Can We Drink Water After Electric Shock?

By Bob Jones Jul26,2022

Can We Drink Water After Electric Shock?

can we drink water after electric shock

When a person suffers an electric shock, they may be confused about whether they can drink water afterward. This is an important question because water is the only fluid that can replenish electrolytes. The first step to take after suffering an electric shock is to call 911. If the incident is minor, bystanders can provide first aid. In the case of severe electric shock, they should perform CPR to stop the bleeding and secure the area.

The effects of an electric shock depend on the force of the current and the amount of current passing through the body. Despite this fact, the electrical resistance of the human body is a variable and may change during an electric shock. Therefore, it is not possible to determine the amount of voltage that has been applied to the body. In such a scenario, the physician or electrical engineer would be able to state the actual amount of current applied to the victim’s body.

If the incident has caused the shock, it is advisable to call 911 or your local emergency services. Make sure to stay at least 20 feet away from power lines and call for medical attention. A doctor will be able to properly assess the severity of the injury and recommend the proper treatment. In the meantime, patients must stay in a comfortable position and should not move unless it is necessary to prevent further shocks. However, if the shock caused internal burns, they can drink water to restore their health.

See also  Is Vitamin Water Good For You?

Related Post